Friday 11 April 2014

Week 3: March 22nd - March 28th, A disastrous trip

For an explanation of this project and blog please click here.

(Click on photos to enlarge and for slideshow)


Saturday March 22nd


Since my normal route to the Common is now blocked I've had to look for an alternative. Luckily I did find another way. It is rather annoying as I have to drive on the street for a while and then cross 3 busy roads, but I can get there within 5 to 10 minutes.

The weather was warmer again today which was rather pleasant. The good thing about this new route is that I'm seeing part of the Common I normally don't. I was rather struck by two trees I saw. One which had been felled and the other which was an old twisted old thing catching the sunlight.


TIMBER!


Gnarly Tree

Monday March 24th


After a day's rest I was well enough to go out again. Although cloudy it is definitely getting warmer. I took photos around the ornamental lake today.


Coot from the Lake


Swan Lake


Wednesday March 26th


Yet another day's rest and out again. I was delighted to discover swans on the duckpond today. I was wary of getting too close but was still able to get some pics.


Swan on the Duckpond

Thursday March 27th: A Disastrous Trip


I didn't go to the Common today but to the petshop to buy some fish.
It was a DISASTER!
A white van had parked on the pavement which meant I had to go onto the road to oncoming traffic. This left me a little shaken.
I was still sighing from relief when an elderly couple got cross with me because they thought I was sighing at them for being in my way! I'm not sure they bought my explanation.
When I finally got to the petshop and got the assistant to catch the fish I wanted, I discovered I'd left my money at home. ARGH!
The only positive was the picture I took of this rather striking set of bushes.


Bright Bushes

Friday March 28th


The next day I returned to the petshop with money this time. It really does work better that way!
I took the following picture which really is quite special in that only a wheelchair user would spot it. The blossom was poking over a garden fence. 
Someone walking past it would just see some blossom at head height against a fence. 
As a wheelchair user I had to look up and so saw the contrast of the blossom against this beautiful intricate web of branches across the sky.


Blossoming Sky

End of Week 3

No comments:

Post a Comment